OUR INTERNSHIP PROGRAM HAS COMPLETED FOR THE 2018 ELECTION CYCLE. SEE YOU IN 2020!
Our campaign runs on the work of dozens of people across the district from the volunteer that brought snacks to the office all the way on up to the candidate. That being said, the team that works everyday to keep the campaign moving forward and on the path to victory is a tight-knit campaign staff made up of only a handful of paid staffers. Our internship program is the opportunity to get involved in the day to day workings of the campaign and get to know the campaign manager and the candidate on a personal level.
An intern for our campaign will:
- Knock on 300-400 doors a week to convince potential voters to turn in their ballots and feel comfortable voting for Pat Sullivan
- Provide occasional support for campaign events like fundraisers and canvass launches
- Attend weekly meetings with the campaign manager and other interns to debrief on the week's activities and plan for the next week
- Participate in career development trainings and job shadowing to learn more about how a campaign works
A successful intern will be:
- Excited about politics and getting Democratic candidates elected in Washington
- Willing to learn about the candidate and issues that are important to voters in our district
- Flexible enough to schedule their canvassing around when voters are typically home, namely evenings and weekends
- Reliable at setting their own schedule
- Comfortable talking to voters about the issues and asking for their vote
- Able to drive themselves around the district (Auburn, Kent, Covington)