WE ARE ACTIVELY RECRUITING INTERNS FOR THE 2020 CAMPAIGN!
Our campaign runs on the work of dozens of people across the district from the volunteer that brought snacks to the office all the way on up to the candidate. That being said, the team that works every day to keep the campaign moving forward and on the path to victory is a tight-knit campaign staff made up of only a handful of staffers. Our internship program is the opportunity to get involved in the day-to-day workings of the campaign and get to know the campaign manager and the candidate on a personal level.
An intern for our campaign will:
- Make 300-400 calls a week to convince potential voters to turn in their ballots and feel comfortable voting for Pat Sullivan
- Provide occasional support for campaign events like fundraisers and canvass launches
- Attend weekly virtual meetings with the campaign manager and other interns to debrief on the week's activities and plan for the next week
- Participate in career development trainings and job shadowing to learn more about how a campaign works
A successful intern will be:
- Excited about politics and getting Democratic candidates elected in Washington
- Willing to learn about the candidate and issues that are important to voters in our district
- Flexible enough to schedule their canvassing around when voters are typically home, namely evenings and weekends
- Reliable at setting their own schedule
- Comfortable talking to voters about the issues and asking for their vote